Lamnidae by This or the Apocalypse on Grooveshark

Sunday, September 16, 2012

First Post

    Blogging is the topic of the week. Blogger is a website that makes it easy for anyone to create, manage, and run their own blog. The best part about blogger is how easy it is. It is ran by Google, and like a lot of Google's products, it is clearly laid out. One can create any format they wish. Any picture can be the background. One real cool feature about this tool is that gadgets are able to be added on the blogs. Gadgets, or widgets, help enhance the reader's experience on one's blog. The most interesting part is actually the part I found the most challenging: adding third party widgets. I really enjoy how there are TONS of different widgets to add to my blog. However, at first, it was just a tad challenging adding widgets that were not prepared by Google or Google developers. After doing a quick Google search, all that is needed is to use the HTML/JAVA tool. These widgets, as stated before, help enhance one's blog, and in this way, help improve communication to others. The entire blog helps improve communication with readers. Blogs are a way to share basically anything with anyone. Some use blogs to update others on their daily lives, others use it to inform, and then some people use it to voice their opinion. Overall, I have enjoyed my experience so far. I am just in the beginning phases of blogging, and never have blogged or one to really get too deep in sharing via social media, I am sure it will be quite an experience.

4 comments:

  1. Jake I too found it difficult to add third party created widgets, although I soon realized that the better more diverse widgets are found among the third party apps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also find it nice that everything is laid out fairly simply when setting up a blog and the customization that comes with it. It's quite nice knowing just how much you can do to make your blog unique

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought it was hard to get some of the widgets to work too and I kind of gave up on trying to get them to work. I thought creating a blog would be a lot harder and I think Google did a good job of making it as simple and user-friendly as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I agree with blogging improves communication by making it easy for people to create their own web content and allowing others to comment on a particular topic that people post.I think this would give people more opportunities to interact with others.

    ReplyDelete